A Guide for the Student on the Ways and Means of the Warg and the Stalking of Prey

The Mitigation Bug

Currently there is a bug with the mitigation values of the creep classes. This bug has been in effect since the last update (Update 5) and it’s causing quite a bit of consternation on the creep side. More than that though it is causing some confusion for players in general as to what exactly is going on.

The effect of the bug itself is very simple: the value of our mitigation ratings has gone down. It is more noticeable on some classes than others, with the worst affected being Wargs and Weavers. As a rule of thumb warg mitigations have dropped by roughly 5-10% across the board. That may not seem like a very big drop, but that is a flat drop of 5-10 percentage points, not 5-10% of what we had pre-Update 5.

What this means in practical terms for us is that we are dying much more quickly because we are negating less of the damage we receive. Now again the numbers may not seem very big, but in practice a 10% drop has a large effect. If you don’t believe me just go and test it out for yourself. You will see your morale bar dropping more quickly than it used to.

So what can we do about this? Not much unfortunately. Of course we can hope that it is fixed in the next patch, but in the meantime we will need to do our best to cope. We can slot extra mitigation corruptions and traits obviously, but that means sacrificing other components of our normal builds.

My own solution has been very straightforward: I haven’t been playing my warg much.

Advertisements

7 responses

1. Bloodspill

I have felt this while out in the Moors, fights seem to be over very quickly these days and I have to pick my targets very carefully if I want any chance of surviving let alone getting a kill.

Only place I have had much luck is in raids where at least the other creeps look after me. I really hope this isn’t something we have to put up for long.

12/01/2012 at 7:15 pm

2. Feelmybite

Knowing Turbine, it won’t be fixed until the next patch (if then) and that probably won’t be till around Feb./March

12/01/2012 at 11:10 pm

3. Bloodspill

Looks like this will be sorted out on the 17th with the upcoming patch so yay! Turbine listened to us (for once). Means you can get back out there Mr.Warg im looking forward to being a bit less squishy.

14/01/2012 at 10:01 am

4. Snap

I scared Turbine will break something else whilst attempting to fix the mitigations.

15/01/2012 at 4:49 am

5. Thorgrum

Hopefully it gets fixed and something else isnt broken. We do need more though, we need battlefile promotions to be more worthy of the grind and garnish us some larger bonus’s. Freeps grind for their gear and LI’s and they are powerful so in turn our power/prowess in the field should really be pronounced on or around level 10. At that point we should be formidable for any level 75 toon.

I dont know about you guys but on my server Im seeing pretty high level wargs getting owned, and it isnt because they suck either.

15/01/2012 at 2:56 pm

6. Roudy

Turbine usually does break something while trying to fix something else. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

16/01/2012 at 2:55 am

7. Grashnahl

Well, they managed to break the thing they were trying to fix even more. Only Turbine 😀

21/01/2012 at 7:10 pm